2860 Ahearn Avenue
Ph: (613) 829-1125
Fax: (613) 829-0052
Coordinator: Michelle Crogie
Mission and Philosophy
Pinecrest-Queensway Headstart Nursery School is an enriched child-centered program guided by emergent curriculum principles. Our programming is planned to foster creativity, curiosity, independence, interaction, communication and respect for others. We believe in supporting partnerships with parents and collaborative agencies. We are an inclusive center, respecting diversity, supporting the whole family to reach their full potential.
For children ages 2 ½ to 5 years.
5 qualified, registered early childhood educators with current first aid and CPR training.
Pinecrest-Queensway Headstart Nursery School is located on the first floor of Dr. F.J. McDonald (door entrance is the last side door of the parking lot). An enriched program which has two large classrooms and a outdoor climber and spacious play area.
Limited transportation within our catchment area.
Days and Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, full-day program from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Statutory Holidays, 2 weeks during the Christmas season, 2 weeks in the summer
Maximum Number of Children
Child to Staff Ratio
Services for Children
- Early identification for children with developmental needs.
- Visits and assessments through OCHAP’s Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Child-oriented playroom with developmental age-appropriate toys and activities.
- Outdoor climber and spacious play area.
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack with culturally diverse menus.
- Limited transportation provided within the catchment area.
- Adventurous field trips across the city.
Services for Parents
- Resources and support provided by Pinecrest Queensway Community Health Centre in areas such as: family and individual counseling, First Words, workshops on parenting, nutrition etc.
- Parent Chat days held once a month. An opportunity for parents to talk with teachers regarding their child’s progress and participate in workshops offered that day.
Pinecrest-Queensway Headstart Nursery School is managed and operated by:
Pinecrest-Queensway Health Centre
1365 Richmond Road
Ph: (613) 820-4922
Fax: (613) 288-3407